The TurnLife turns on cut out heartsThe Turn by DaraGallery
crumbled on the floor
leather scraps and black feathers
The cloud took the form of a man in a wheelchair
as the butterfly landed on your boot
and a wasp on your shirt
It is possible to love too much
You choose not to reveal this
to its object
A gift to make up for the sin
as you plod on
waiting for the next turn
My first outing of the season - the NY Capital District Ren Fest (June 14-15) - turned out to be both successful and fun.
I'm very excited about these additional upcoming events:
~ Crazy Race & Festival, Tannersville, NY, Saturday July 26th, 11 AM to 4 PM - tannersvilleny.org/events.htm
~ The Medieval Festival at Fort Tryon Park , NYC, Sept. 28 - www.whidc.org/festival/home.ht…
*~*~Kiriban for capturing 38K!! This time around I'm offering points! Screen capture either 38,000 pageviews here on dA or be the 50th person to Like my Facebook business page (link above) and I'll give you 400 dA points. You need to send me a note with the screen capture to get the points. Good luck!*~*~*
I am not taking custom orders at this time due to upcoming events. My available inventory of masks and ornaments can be found here and at my other sites: www.etsy.com/shop/DaraGallery. I'll begin taking orders again in the late summer.
Custom Order Price List:
- Brocade masks: $36-$45, dependent on the cost of the embellishments.
- I can create a less expensive brocade mask for $20 each. It will not have a felt back, layered trims or a handmade fascinator. Contact me for a sample picture.
- Mulberry paper/flower masks, $35 - 37
- Handmade papier mache imp, goblin or bird/feather masks: $60-75 depending on complexity.
- Leather and lace or brocade eye mask - $34 to 40
- Victorian Ornaments: $17.50, multiples - $17 each
FaceBook business page: www.facebook.com/pages/Daragal…;
Please take a second to like it. It only takes a second and I'll greatly appreciate it
When researching the proper way to sanitize bird feathers I came upon a lot of information - some of it good, some of it not so good and some of it just plain confusing. I have summarized the most useful info here in a blog on the subject: daragallery.wordpress.com/2013…